Skeletal Response to Simulated Night Shift (SPOTLIGHT Study)
We are looking for healthy men & women to study the effects of sleep disruption on bone. Please click on the "Let's Get Started!" button below to determine your eligibility.
What is involved:
• Measurements of bone mineral density
• Completion of sleep questionnaires/assessments
• Randomization to sleep with a simulated night shift schedule or normal sleep schedule
• A general physical exam
• Activity monitoring with a wrist monitor
• Blood/urine collection
• Arterial line placement
• Two 4-night inpatient stays
Duration of Participation: Your participation in the study will last up to 6 weeks (including two 4-night inpatient stays).
20 to 40 years
You may qualify if you are 20-40 years old, habitually sleep 7-9 hours per night, haven't done night shift work in the past year, and do not currently smoke.
You will receive up to $1,500 and a FitBit for your time.
Christine Swanson, MD, MCR
Protocol Number: 20-3013
More information available at ClinicalTrials.gov: NCT05074277
Not finding the right Study for you? Join ResearchMatch, a nation-wide registry connecting volunteers and researchers